Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
01-12-2010, 02:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2010 02:27 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(01-12-2010 07:29 AM)BravoNine Wrote:  He returns to Penelope after his long journey trying to get home, it is told in the Odyssey tale written by Homer. Odysseus returns home with the help of Goddess Athena and son Telemachus and take down the suitors who are trying to court Penelope and planning Telemachus's death.

Only after faffing about with Calypso for 7 years and finding out that the suitors are threatening his kingship. Odysseus returns disguised as a beggar by Athena. Again with Athena's help, Penelope devises a test for all suitors of whoever can string Odysseus' bow and shoot an arrow through 12 axe shafts can have her hand. Of course, this is also rigged, because, presumably, the only one who can use Odysseus' bow properly is Odysseus. Of course, he wins and proceeds to murder all of the suitors.

Penelope is a really fascinating character. To some, in a world where women were controlled completely by their men (father, husband, son) the fact that Penelope kept her suitors at bay for that long implies that she wanted to remain in control of the estate. She is an interesting combination of faithfulness and cunning. Which I also think is somewhat appropriate in regards to Ruth.
(01-12-2010 07:34 AM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Should everyone in that job just be an island in order to have a successful career?

And there it is, in a nutshell. That is what I like to watch. Although I am not sure it is just about having a successful career as being able to do ones duty AND remain a connected human being.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 01-12-2010 02:24 PM