Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
02-12-2010, 08:39 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
When Ruth said 'no' and later explained why, she seemed to be speaking as though they would both retire and live in Sussex with nothing to do apart from lie to the neighbours. She did know Harry had resigned, and possibly didn't know he had changed his mind, but she didn't know this at the time of the proposal/refusal. Most the reasons just seemed like fear to me, the same fear as in the early days. I don't think George has anything to do with it.

She also said "we couldn't be closer than we are now" at first I thought she meant living together as husband and wife would not deepen their relationship, because it's already at that level. But the aftermath of both of them pulling away, Harry banning late night phone calls etc. barriers going up, now I'm wondering if she meant it wasn't possible for them to be closer than they are as work collegues (for whatever reason, it isn't possible in her mind to let him get any closer)

How do others view those words?
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - loladom - 02-12-2010 08:39 PM