Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
02-12-2010, 09:18 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(02-12-2010 08:11 AM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  As I am snowed in in darkest Yorkshire I have been watching series 8....how HandR have changed, in series 8 it appeared to be all Ruth, hand touches, looks, offers of drinks but then Ros goes and gets herself killed and bang! Ruth is angry and bitter, Harry appears to be grieving and desperate for comfort from Ruth (and not getting it!)...so surely series 10 should be a new dawn for both of them...

Question of the day...should I rewatch series 9, something I have put off as I found it too heartbreaking??

Ha, Ha, I am snowed in in Sussex Yorkshiretyke and no chance of a rewatch here, S9 or otherwise as the children are off school and have commandeered the TV for a big Merlin rewatch!

Go for it and rewatch S9, it does look so much the better 2nd time around, in fact I like it a lot more than S8, especially now I can watch it with the knowledge that both Harry and Ruth make it to the end in one piece.

I think Ruth refused because if she had accepted she feels she would have laid herself open to more hurt. Despite saying no, she hasn't really made it clear to him what the parameters of their 'new' relationship are, rather she's left that up to him. Trouble with keeping all your options open is that life has a tendency to close them down for you. Hence Ruth's 'I've balls it up again look' when Harry went off to meet his possible death with Lucas.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - watchstrap - 02-12-2010 09:18 PM