Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
02-12-2010, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2010 11:50 PM by DogSoSmall.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I think it's quite possible that Ruth said no because she was afraid of anyone getting close to her. Seeing herself as the direct cause of George's death and Nico's orphan status I can see her not wanting to risk anyone else's safety by allowing them near. Every time Harry takes a risk for her she is furious. Hopefully she will realise after Albany that it really doesn't matter if she loves him back, he will still always take that risk for her, so she might as well just give in and love him back.........hopefully.

I agree that I am looking forward to watching S9 again without the constant fear that Harry or Ruth might meet their end. I am sure I will enjoy it much more. (I wasn't bothered about Lucas, which is quite weird because I was (and still am) a massive Richard Armitage fan. I just could never warm to Lucas - I think because of his truly appalling taste in women. The only time he became interesting was when he started getting relaxed and funny around Ros.) Thought I'd better put that in brackets as it wasn't about Harry and Ruth - who are never boring and who have excellent taste!!
(02-12-2010 08:39 PM)loladom Wrote:  She also said "we couldn't be closer than we are now" at first I thought she meant living together as husband and wife would not deepen their relationship, because it's already at that level. But the aftermath of both of them pulling away, Harry banning late night phone calls etc. barriers going up, now I'm wondering if she meant it wasn't possible for them to be closer than they are as work collegues (for whatever reason, it isn't possible in her mind to let him get any closer)

How do others view those words?

I don't know how to view those words. This is the line that bugs me most of all from the entire series because I just don't know what she could possibly have meant. I interpreted Harry's enigmatic expression after she said that as "what the **@* are you on about, woman?" Or maybe that's just what I was thinking!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - DogSoSmall - 02-12-2010 11:43 PM