Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
04-12-2010, 09:44 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
This has been a very helpful line of discussion for me. It really did drive me crazy that Ruth seemed to assume that marrying Harry automatically meant giving up MI5 and a working relationship with him. It makes much more sense if she believed at that point that he had resigned. I hadn't picked up on that, because by that point the audience knew that he was staying. Spooks does this quite a lot. Leaves us to guess at what conversations have happened behind the scenes when we weren't watching! It means you can't ever be quite sure what they know and what they are reacting to, eg, did the team hear Harry telling Lucas that Albany was useless? Did they know Lucas was dead when we got the shot of Ruth crying? What happened in that 48 hours? (Not 24 hours, but 48 - that's a significant amount of time. They will surely have to fill that in at the start of S10. Big ploy to give themselves time for a little think about it)
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - DogSoSmall - 04-12-2010 09:44 AM