Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
06-12-2010, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2010 07:02 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(06-12-2010 06:24 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  *waves*

I do agree that she isn't questioning their "closeness," because if she was, then surely they HAVE been more together. Were they not closer in S4 and S5 than S8 and S9? With regards to their professional relationship, I believe that relationship IS closer than it was before Ruth left. Ruth has become Harry's second in command almost.

That scene is so sad for me because of Harry's face when she says it. He looks so devastated like a small boy who has lost all hope. I can just imagine him saying in his head, "But... I want you Ruth. I love you. Don't let me go."

Ahhh I was going to say that! Wink
In terms of their professional relationship I'd say that was closest in S4 and 5 but in other terms their relationship as a whole I would say they are closer in S8 and 9, what happened to Ruth's family in a way pushed them apart but also brough them closer together, but that has also made their professional relationship a little more difficult, Harry said it himself that "Our personal issues does not mena you can question everything I ask you to do" or something along those lines, I can't remember exactly
But they are the only ones that can ever understand what happened, they were the only ones that lived it first hand, in a way their bond has become stronger because of everything that's happened to Ruth and the choices Harry made... in other ways, Ruth will always hold over Harry that it was his decison that ultimately had George killed
Maybe Ruth feels now she's got nothing left to lose, except Harry, so she's drawn herself closer to him, and yet always even in S4 and 5, and in S8,9 at the final step she's always pushed him away, seems like she's scared of what could happen if she gave the relationship a real chance
*Looks up to the heavens* It's been 2 series now... Harry saved Ruth, Ruth's been there for Harry... give it a chance Tongue

Awww I wanted to cry Sad poor Harry, he looked just a little heartbroken... but there's still hope... *Glares towards S10*... I said hope... *Looks at writters*... *sweet voice*
Please??? Wink Tongue

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 06-12-2010 07:00 PM