Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
07-12-2010, 11:08 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
This is al said before, I guess Blush,
but I get the feeling Ruth has hardened up rather a lot, as well as in her work, as in her behaviour towards Harry (maybe that's what NW ment when she talked about a more mature relationship),
or perhaps she just ment that they are 'evolving' so she ment 'mature' as in 'ripened', since Harry clearly is softening down in his work (towards Lucas, by giving him another chance, by regretting the 'collateral damage') and towards Ruth, when she left he couldn't even say what he felt for her even when the chance of ever seeing her again was almost non-existing, and now he puts his heart on the table by asking her to marry him.
I think that Harry still blames himself ( and in his mind Ruth blames him also) for what happened with George and Nico, even if Ruth repudiates this, and for the way Ruth has changed. Harry must see it too, I think, that Ruth isn't the person anymore that she was.
I think it's breaking his heart that he seemingly can't reach her because she will not let him.

When I see a scene of them together, talking, I'm always a bit miscontent, because I do feel there is so much left unsaid between them, I often feel like throwing a pillow at the tv shouting for gods sake, talk, tell what you both feel! Such complex emotions can't be delt with within a five minute talk! Instead they scratch the surface of each others heart but they never get to the core! I understand that it isn't possible for us to see a hour-long conversation, but I never got the idea they sat down and explained their feelings properly.

It's "a struggle for heaven and earth. Where there is one law: fight or die. And one rule: resist or serve."
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Belle - 07-12-2010 11:08 AM