Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
15-12-2010, 09:54 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(15-12-2010 05:52 AM)Silktie Wrote:  After rewatching season 9, I have to admit I do wonder how they could possibly get Harry and Ruth together. The way they wrote Ruth this season, she'll have to make a major u-turn to allow Harry in. I'm not sure that what happened with Lucas is enough motivation to justify that. And will the possibility of Harry losing everything because of the Inquiry be enough to persuade her to give him a chance? I'm not so sure, as the prospect of him being killed by Lucas in 9.8 wasn't enough to move her.

I still think there is hope, don't take my cake away! I just can't figure out how they're going to do it without making Ruth look wishy-washy.

You mean like the "u-turn" they did at the end of S8, when she had touched Harry twice, given him "the look" and asked him out for a drink. If they did another "u-turn" at the end of S9, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As for Ruth not being moved by the prospect of Harry dying, I think she had talked herself into a corner and couldn't stop Harry going, to sacrifice himself to stop the explosive device going off at London Bridge. She wanted to stop him. Her facial expression said this. She was very very close to tears I thought, when she told Dimitri not to follow him.

I think she was moved, but had forfeited her right to show it to Harry. How could she have rushed after Harry, declaring her love for him, when she had just told him that it was unfair of HIM to love her. I think Ruth was gutted by that turn of event. There is therefore rope for the writers to use there, to get a H/R moment, if they choose to use it.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Tea Lady - 15-12-2010 09:54 AM