Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
15-12-2010, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2010 02:22 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(15-12-2010 09:54 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  You mean like the "u-turn" they did at the end of S8, when she had touched Harry twice, given him "the look" and asked him out for a drink. If they did another "u-turn" at the end of S9, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

As for Ruth not being moved by the prospect of Harry dying, I think she had talked herself into a corner and couldn't stop Harry going, to sacrifice himself to stop the explosive device going off at London Bridge. She wanted to stop him. Her facial expression said this. She was very very close to tears I thought, when she told Dimitri not to follow him.

I think she was moved, but had forfeited her right to show it to Harry. How could she have rushed after Harry, declaring her love for him, when she had just told him that it was unfair of HIM to love her. I think Ruth was gutted by that turn of event. There is therefore rope for the writers to use there, to get a H/R moment, if they choose to use it.

THIS! Wink
Couldn't have said it better! Wink

It's strange, Ruth's character has just changed so quickly between S8 and 9, S8 she wasn't this depressed and dead inside Ruth we got in S9, and I much prefered Ruth in S8, so for S10 I too wouldn't be surprised if there was another turn Wink

She definatly wanted to stop him, at one point she called after him,
and then he just replied with that "It's my turn" then she knew she couldn't stop him, she had let him go, She'd only contradict herself if she hadn't... she said he should never have given up Albany just to save her, how could she possibily tell him NOT to go if it could save peoples lives in the station (When they believed the bomb was real)

I'd still like to know what happened to Harry in that 48 hours, why miss it out and yet let us know that it happened? Something must've happened Wink
And those tears, I still think Ruth was cry as much for Harry as she was for Lucas,
Beth, Demitri, Tariq, Alec and Ruth had all expected Lucas to kill Harry, and we don't know if they were told Lucas had died or not, if they found out someone had been killed without knowing who it is, it would easy for Ruth to jump to the conclusion that Lucas had shot Harry because that's what she was expecting,

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 15-12-2010 02:20 PM