Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
15-12-2010, 07:02 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(15-12-2010 05:44 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  Seems like that 48 did play some part, otherwise why did they miss it out but still make sure we knew it happened? Smile Seems like there some kind of missing link there.

If they resolved it as Ruth and Harry not getting together, one of them would surely have to leave, as long as they work together, there's always going to be something there between them, Harry said it back in series 8 "There'll always be something else"

Ignore it... again?
Not sure they could do it, unlike past times, this one won't just pass over

re: the 48 hours, I am with those who say that that is about the amount of time it would take the Chinese to figure out that Albany is a crock of doo-doo, negotiate the agreement with the HS, the HS to meet with those that want to throw Harry into the cold. I don't think there is anything more in that. Although, I must admit that seeing their interaction when he got back to the grid after all of it would be interesting to see.

As for Ruth's tears, it was not clear to me who she was crying about specifically. If nothing else, I do think it an indicator that she has not lost the part of herself that can be overwhelmed with the sheer horror of it all. A dam broke. That is where she is going to pick up in S10, I hope.

As for Harry's inquiry, my biggest fear is that there are two people (still alive) that know more about Harry and the things he has done in the past, positive and negative. One of those people is Ruth. (The other is Malcolm.) Will she cover up for him? Will she tell the truth and nothing but the truth? If she does, what will be the ramifications for Harry? The choice I see them giving her in S10 is to decide what is really important to her. I expect some great acting moments from Ms. Walker!

I do agree that if they remain working together, as NW said in her Ian Wylie interview, they will have to keep addressing the fact that they adore each other. His feelings have been expressed and acknowledged. I am still not sure of hers. Even if she does adore him, she may not be able to let go of the personal baggage she is carrying around and find the simplicity of it.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 15-12-2010 07:02 PM