Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
15-12-2010, 08:24 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I disagree that the 48 hours is not significant. It is odd that they would use 48 rather than 24 hours. I think they genuinely didn't know if there would be another series and just tacked this scene on the end to give them room for manoevre for S10. Admittedly, they might still decide to ignore it (I don't really trust the writers any more after S9), but they've given themselves an option. I just hope they make use of it!

And Ruth has lied for Harry before. Don't forget she was prepared to be labelled a traitor to save his job in S5. I like the possibility of her lying to save him with them both sitting in the same room at the enquiry and him hearing her do it. Lots of potential for their genius acting skills.

It all depends on whether the writers/Kudos give a stuff about what the fans think. I was watching the last S5 dvd the other day and listening to the commentary by the writer. I was amused that he had read on here about everyone getting in a steam that when Harry was shown in his house, there was no sign of Ruth's cat! The most encouraging thing was that the producer acknowledged the importance of this detail.

Ever hopeful.... where's that cake?
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - DogSoSmall - 15-12-2010 08:24 PM