Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
16-12-2010, 11:48 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(16-12-2010 10:32 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(16-12-2010 03:28 AM)A Cousin Wrote:  I still don't think we will ever know what happened in those 48 hours, other than the s**t hit the fan for Harry.

...Perhaps not, but I will continue to hope, for the next 9 months anyway, that "Nurse Ruth" attended Harry's battle wounds in those 48hrs. Wink

Hee! Yeah me too. Although I agree with A Cousin on this one. I don't think we'll get anything more on the 48 hours. But then, when have I ever correctly predicted anything on Spooks?

It really is interesting how much Ruth's view of Harry has changed between season 8 and 9. In season 8 she was always reminding him not to lose sight of his humanity - with George and Nico, and with that 16 year old they used in one of the episodes, for instance. But in season 9, she often scolds him because he is showing too much humanity, in particular when he chooses to save her. I wonder what she would have said to him if Lucas had kidnapped and threatened Beth, for instance, and Harry decided to try and save her in the same way he did Ruth? Would she still have told him it was wrong of him? In other words, I wonder if she is holding it against him that he saved her in particular, because she wanted to pay for her perceived sins by dying to save others, and he denied her that.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 16-12-2010 11:48 AM