Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
16-12-2010, 04:56 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(16-12-2010 03:14 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Hmmm.... One to ponder re: Ruth feeling betrayed (Oh, THAT word again!) because Harry denied her her penance for her decisions. (If I am interpreting what you are saying correctly?) I think another level involved is that, for her, he sullied the memory of those who had died before her by cheating what she saw as her fate. Problem is, he is her fate. At least he will be as long as they are working together.

OK - I'll shuddup now. I feel like I am rambling again and not making much sense. Blush

It makes perfect sense, and yes, you interpreted my ramblings correctly. You could be right about her thinking he sullied the memory of the others that died before her, but for me there is a huge difference: Harry was not in a position to bargain for the others' lives like he was in the situation with Ruth. He was not in a position to trade anything to save Adam, or Ros, or Danny for that matter. I therefore think that Ruth is wrong in her analysis here, because she is comparing apples with pears.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 16-12-2010 04:56 PM