Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
17-12-2010, 09:23 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Knowing how Harry has changed over this series, and the way every death is now weighing heavy on him (including the deaths of the unknown 9 in 9.1), I do think he would have made the same decision for Beth or Dmitri. The file was a fake - harmless. No-one would die because the Chinese got their hands on it. In my head I think of the file as completely worthless, so don't hold much truck with the whole "it was still a state secret" argument. The difficulty would be knowing whether that would be a good thing to admit to or not at the enquiry. Would the powers that be trust him more if he said he would have given up that state secret to save any life, or would it be better for him if they thought the circumstances were exceptional? And it they thought it was all because of Ruth, how would she be able to keep her job if he kept his?

By the way, thanks for the help with the fanfic. I'm not really a fanfic person. Any I've come across before, I have read the first sentence and then run screaming for the hills. In the case of Harry and Ruth there are a couple of reasons that I'm quite enjoying some of them. Firstly, I'm feeling that the writers may well not come to a satisfying conclusion for Harry and Ruth, so I need to get one where I can. Secondly, I've found that Spooks fans are generally more intelligent than the average fanficker and therefore can write rather well!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - DogSoSmall - 17-12-2010 09:23 AM