Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
17-12-2010, 10:57 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Yeah, I agree TL. It wasn't harmless. The main mitigating factor for me, though, is the fact that he didn't just give it away. He had a plan to save Ruth AND get the file back before Lucas could give it to the Chinese. It wasn't a question of just giving it away with no thought given to the consequences or anything else. In the sense that there was a strategy to get Albany back, I think Harry may actually have taken the risk had it been someone other than Ruth that was being threatened by Lucas.

And remember, even when Lucas saw through Harry's plan and kept Ruth's location back until he'd gotten himself and Maya free from those waiting at the hotel, Harry had another plan - in sending Alex to speak to Maya and giving her a tracker, so that they could pounce on him as soon as he gave up Ruth's location. It was just bad luck that none of these plans worked, but they were in place and that should count for something.

I don't see why Ruth's position should be in danger if Harry gets off and continues in his post. There is no rule that says they may not date each other, and she can be used against Harry whether she works there or not. She may, in fact, be an easier target if she isn't working inside the Grid with all its security measures in place.

Something else to remember, is that both times Ruth has been used against Harry, it has been by people inside the system, ie Mace and now Lucas. She has never been used against him by those defined as enemies of the state. So, can they blame Harry and Ruth for failures within the system? It seems that, as long as the Security Services can get their house in order, the threat Ruth poses to Harry's position is virtually nil.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 17-12-2010 10:57 AM