Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
22-12-2010, 08:43 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Hello everyone, I am a newbie!

I have only just started watching spooks - I began with series 9, and loved it so much that since then I have started back at the beginning and worked my way through! I am officially a spooks addict!

Sorry if i talk about stuff here that should be part of another thread.

Re the end of series 9/series 10 - I've rewatched it a couple of times and i have a few ideas regarding what i think it going to happen. Firstly, I think definitely think they won't just leave the harry/ruth story. It's been going on for so long now that they really have to do something about it, plus i'm fairly sure there aren't going to be that many more series of Spooks and i think Kudos know that. In my opinion i don't think ruth would have brought up the 'harry asked me to marry him' thing to lucas if it wasn't going to be a part of the next series. She's always been so worried about people gossiping, and i wonder if she brought it up coz she thought lucas really might kill her. Also, they rarely use the word 'love' in spooks regarding those two characters. The only time i can remember is when juliet asked harry if he loved ruth. But it was mentioned twice in 9.8 and ruth herself even acknowledged harry loved her - i sure they did this deliberately!

I'm not sure if they will fill in the 48 hours bit - i think they may go back to the point where lucas jumped and prove that he is dead (as with a typical spooks ending we don't know for definite that he is!) and maybe go from there. I also think re the crying at the end that Ruth was crying because she thinks harry is going to be killed. I think showing beth and dimitri etc was to make us think they know lucas is dead, but i think the expressions are actually them having realised the bomb is fake and that harry is going to die for nothing (i'm sure i read above that someone said this before too). They could easily have told tariq and ruth that it was a fake via comms and that could also explain the crying from ruth and tariq's expression. Re harry being under investigation - this has happened before and never lasted more than an episode or two. I think it will either be solved within the first episode and the series will carry on as normal or i think it could be the main focus of series 10, especially if its going to be the last one. I also think Alec will be in it for at least a bit otherwise they wouldn't have brought him into the last episode (they've done it so many times in previous series!). As far as ruth and harry are concerned i really hope they are just together at the beginning of the series, or that they are together by the end. I just want happiness for those two! I had one idea for the start of series 10 - i thought they could mirror the beginning of series 9 - with you thinking that they are all at lucas' funeral (instead of ros'), and then it emerges that its actually ruth and harry's wedding - but this would only work if they don't mention the 48 hours bit.

I have so many ideas about what might happen - i hope that when they start filming some things are given away! Not sure I can wait until next september!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - lazyme63 - 22-12-2010 08:43 PM