Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
22-12-2010, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2010 09:29 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
*Reads post* Ahhh that made my day I agree with everything you said there Smile

Exactly!
If the whole Harry and Ruth storyline was going to left alone, why bring it up again in the last episode? And why have Lucas question her about it. I noticed when she told Lucas about Harry's purposal he asked "Why? You love him don't you?" that Ruth never even attempted to deny it... perhaps because she thought he really was going to kill her and the last person she can ever tell her feelings to about Harry would be Lucas...
Ruth is always going to be worried about gossip, but I think she feared it more back in S5, now she's scared that if she ever takes the chance to be with Harry something will go wrong... and one or both of them will get hurt because of it.
And surely she knows that the team know about her and Harry, Demitri knew that Ruth was leverage over Harry, more leverage than any other member of the team , and surely the team know there's something between Ruth and Harry, so I don't think Ruth's so bothered about people gossiping any more Wink

Good point too about the word "Love" being used in Spooks, it's rare, and very rare to from hear either Harry or Ruth... although Ruth did say in 9.8 "At that moment when you decided to make that deal ...It was unfair of you to love me"
She knows Harry loves her, I'm not quite sure that Harry knows that Ruth loves him, both of them have never been good at showing their feelings despite the fact they know they exist,
And the shadow of what happened to George and Nico... I hope it doesn't appear again in Series 10 Smile

As for Lucas, we won't know if he's dead or not until S10 airs and I doubt even then we'll find out, I think they'll leave it open for debate to whether or not he's alive, just in case they decide to bring him back.
There are so many things that could happen, I hope the writters give us some gooduns for next series Smile and Hopefully there will be a happier ending for Ruth and Harry... *Hopes they just get together* it's been what... 7 years between them... 6 Series...

Haha hoping Harry won't make the same mistake at Lucas's funeral as Ros's Wink
This investigation into Harry will either push them together or pull them apart, on one hand Ruth will always be the only person Harry can really talk to on the other hand he might push her away to protect her... ah we'll have to wait... bring on S10 Wink

Welcome to the forum btw Smile Good to have another fan!

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Forever Secret - 22-12-2010 09:13 PM