Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
23-12-2010, 06:24 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
Welcome Lazyme63! You make some good points re the use of the word 'love'. Episode 9.8 definitely established and acknowledged that they both still love each other. But I also agree that at this stage, Ruth knows Harry loves her, but Harry doesn't know for certain whether Ruth loves him. She's only indirectly acknowledged it by not contradicting Lucas when he said that she loved Harry. But she's never openly acknowledged it to anyone else, let alone Harry.

So, if you're right that they will still do something with this relationship, I think the first step will have to come from Ruth. I've also been thinking how they could do this in season 10. One way it could be done subtly is that Ruth does something to save Harry's career, something that will threaten her own if she is found out, thus leaving Harry in no doubt as to how much she loves him. This way it can all be left as subtext and we wouldn't need dramatic declarations of love, which is not really in keeping with these two characters. Then in the next episode we can just see them waking up together, or leaving for work together, or something like that, and we'll know they are now a couple.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Silktie - 23-12-2010 06:24 AM