Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
15-01-2011, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2011 05:14 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
I had always thought that Lucas cottoned onto the nature of the H/R relationship at the very end of 8.1 when Harry is thanking the team for saving them. Look at the way Lucas is peering at Harry when Harry sharply says, "She is home."

As for all the other characters, I agree that some "get it" more than others. I don't think it is required that they understand that Ruth and Harry love each other, just that they understand that the relationship is more profound and runs deeper than what would normally be expected.

Byatil - I envy you! Such wonderful things to discover! I encourage you to find a way to watch all of Spooks in order from the beginning. There is an on-going theme that, even though they are spys and trained to notice things, they can be utter crap at coming to terms with issues in their personal lives.
(15-01-2011 04:08 PM)Byatil Wrote:  She knows how ruthless Harry can be (pun not intended!) and I think that scares her, as a woman who always considers the morality of any situation the team is placed in.

She's has seen Harry be ruthless many times. I think she is beginning to understand how ruthless she can be and that scares her more. It is when Harry is being conflicted and uncertain that she is thrown by him.

(15-01-2011 04:08 PM)Byatil Wrote:  As we are supposed to believe that Lucas is conflicted with his own feelings of love throughout S9, I think it makes sense that he would be looking for 'answers' in other people's relationships - he justifies his selfishness by telling Ruth to "be selfish for once".

This is an interesting observation to me. Ruth does not answer his question either. It remains to be seen how she is going to react to it all.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - A Cousin - 15-01-2011 05:07 PM