Poll: Should Ruth have accepted Harry's proposal?
This poll is closed.
Hells yes. What was she thinking? 52.50% 21 52.50%
No, Ruth is on her own journey this season. 42.50% 17 42.50%
HR boring and monotonous 5.00% 2 5.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
16-01-2011, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-01-2011 02:06 PM by Byatil.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years.
(16-01-2011 12:52 PM)watchstrap Wrote:  Ruth must surely take some blame for the Harry/Lucas debacle. If she had voiced her suspicions to Harry when she first suspected Lucas then the onus would have been on Harry to sort it out (or not!). There are echos of Cotterdam here when Ruth just goes her own way because she thinks Harry won't take her seriously.

Well, I seem to remember that in 8.4 Ruth wants to check up on one of Malcolm's dead-drops (if that's what they're called; my memory is failing me today) and Harry basically tells her that unless it's relevant to the situation at hand, he doesn't want to hear anything about it. He seems very quick to dismiss things that she deems important, preferring to make his own judgements (as proved in 8.1; he completely dismisses her happiness for the sake of the situation at hand). As it turns out, Ruth was right to want to further analyse the business card she was given - was this supposed to prove something about their relationship? I can't remember if Harry actually reacts to the fact that Ruth was correct to be suspicious but it stands out as something fairly telling about their relationship.

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth. The Wonder Years. - Byatil - 16-01-2011 02:05 PM