Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Home Secretary - The Series 9 one
24-10-2010, 08:23 PM
RE: [spoilers] Home Secretary - The Series 9 one
(24-10-2010 09:28 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I thought the app thing was funny and realistic. The government had probably sent Towers on a two week course at a country mansion, teaching him how to use it. I think Towers knows his stuff and certainly waffles to Harry like he does but he's not much of a realist. He sees the bigger picture, but doesn't consider the possibility of not getting there or perhaps that they shouldn't get there i.e helping the Russians, risk to lighthouse too great. Did anyone else see Towers sneak away when the shooting started in 9.5?

Harry's face is hysterical during that scene! He is a little bit of a dinosaur....bless.

As for Towers, I have been sensing that he looks at everything with the idealism of a politician but when the dirty work begins, he is not exacltly sure what to do. I can see how it would have been very difficult to say no to the Americans telling him that Lighthouse was coming anyway, but he didn't even log any reservations about it. Maybe he is looking to get his tummy tickled? Wink

re: JHydes comment re: Towers showing a little more personal story, I thought the line about his days as a long haired liberal was interesting. It's the hippie conundrum: In order to change the world, you have to have to envision the ideal world. The problem is, idealism are not always realistic. Perhaps Towers has his own balancing act going on: between idealism and realism? (For the record, I am a long-haired liberal. Angel)

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Home Secretary - The Series 9 one - A Cousin - 24-10-2010 08:23 PM