Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 04:19 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
Was it exciting and heart-racing? No doubt about it!

Was the acting brilliant and so real? Absolutely, I couldn't take my eyes off them!

Was the writing quality and plausible? HELL NO! It was a complete mess!!

How do I feel right now?

Upset and heartbroken that Lucas is gone! Angry and pissed off what the writers did!

The writing was patchy, convoluted, and just damn hard to swallow! To me, it was a retcon of who Lucas was and what he did in the last 2 series!

There were SO MANY ways this storyline could go, SO MANY more plausible ways it could have gone instead of this twisted convoluted mess it became, I simply don't understand what the writers are trying to do!!!

They want a shocking change in Lucas? I can take that, sure, just give him some mental breakdown or something!

They want Lucas to exit? I can take that too, sure, just make it a believable storyline!

Instead what I got was Lucas really being a psycho-killer, turning against his people and doing it all for a love interest that had about as much personality and usefulness as a sponge, and that MI5 is the laughing stock of the whole intelligence agency because apparently their vetting process is so bad that they didn't even notice a completely different person became their agent!!

Am I disappointed? You bet. I can't even began to describe my heart-break and sadness.

Will I tune in for next series? Yes I will, because despite my anger at the way they butchered Lucas's character, the acting and excitement level on this show is like few other. So I will stay loyal, give the writers another chance because I love watching these amazing actors act!

I like to ignore the existence of Series 9, but I doubt I ever will as I still haven't stopped crying over Lucas......Dodgy

The actors, most especially Richard Armitage, Nicola Walker, and Peter Firth, were the saving grace of this mess up storyline! If it wasn't for them, I don't think I would have stayed on this long! These actors deserve all the praise they get! They delivered an amazing and phenomenal performance that almost covered the mistakes made by the writers. This show is lucky to have them!

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 09-11-2010 04:19 AM