Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 05:10 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
Plot holes, retcons, a major character who isn't who or what we believe he is - series 9 was a God awful mess.

I'll repeat what I posted on another site. The series felt like a cop out by TPTB.

I feel they wanted to explore Lucas's dark side, but they didn't want to suggest that either MI-5 in general or Harry in particular were in any way responsible for it. So rather than build upon the natural story of Lucas's imprisonment and torture in Russia and how that leads to his distrust, anger and bitterness, they created this ridiculous story of how Lucas was evil before joining the Service and apparently under the influence of Harry became good. Of course, he reverts to evil again with virtually no explanation.

Harry, who has always been willing and able to sacrifice the life and happiness of the individual for the greater good, finally has to face the fact that this time the individual is someone he loves, and it's his happiness at stake. Wasn't it lucky that Albany was a failure and Harry knew it? No really tough decision for Harry to make. No need for the writers to address the selfishness and hypocrisy of Harry's action.

The show does have amazing actors, and I'm glad I've gotten to know them. However, good acting isn't enough.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - NightOwl - 09-11-2010 05:10 AM