Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(09-11-2010 05:10 AM)NightOwl Wrote:  Harry, who has always been willing and able to sacrifice the life and happiness of the individual for the greater good, finally has to face the fact that this time the individual is someone he loves, and it's his happiness at stake. Wasn't it lucky that Albany was a failure and Harry knew it? No really tough decision for Harry to make. No need for the writers to address the selfishness and hypocrisy of Harry's action.The show does have amazing actors, and I'm glad I've gotten to know them. However, good acting isn't enough.

Not ready for all my thoughts yet, but I want to pick up on this point. IMO the writers have addressed this theme in the form of Ruth's reaction. She was angry with Harry for doing it and judged his decision as wrong. She herself questioned how her life was worth more than others he has sacrificed for the many. He lost her (potentially for good) at that moment and her opinion matters most to Harry. In doing this, the writers also allowed the viewers to understand why she didn't try to stop him from going to his probable death after saving her life. Neither did the writers allow Harry to tell Ruth he knew he file was fake. As usual, Ruth provided the moral compass and raised the questions viewers should be asking about Harry's decisions.

Plus, they have laid the foundations of exploring this very subject with the HS call and inevitable investigation. Harry's conscience must then be opened up.

Still reeling, and still love it and no matter what criticisms are raised, this show hooks people and causes reactions. And whole heartedly agree about the actors.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - loladom - 09-11-2010 02:05 PM