Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
09-11-2010, 10:19 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
I loved this series and I know I will watch it again and again. The new characters are great additions, Beth has acid wit, her attachment to Harry is endearing and thank you Kudos for employing an actress with a pair of sturdy calves. Her running makes me laugh! Dimitri has brought the light moments back to the grid, we haven't had that much humour for ages. He's cute and I like him in the same way as I liked Adam (he doesn't have many fans on hear which has always surprised me).

Lucas. This is the only series that I have enjoyed him as a character or RA as an actor. The story was mad but fab IMO and the best part was that we the viewers were in on the secret rather than the team. Ruth knew but her situation with Harry stopped her from simply running to tell. Much better than S8 when every week the threat of the week was another part of the Nightingale jigsaw. God that was boring!

Something that has always irked me a little about Spooks is that once something has happened or they have suffered a loss, it's never discussed apart from in maybe the next episode of too. This season we had Harry and Ruth finally addressing the elephant in the room, i.e. George's death and Nico and how Ruth actually feels about that. Also, not only did we get to see a recently departed character, Malcolm, we actually met his Mum! We haven't heard Harry mention his daughter since she featured in an episode yonks ago and in E8 he gave her a call. So retrospective, loved that.

As much as I wanted Ruth to accept Harry's proposal, I do understand why dramatically this would have been a disaster and turn the show into a slushy soap opera. All the angst there tied in with the price we all pay for what we do theme.

PF showed what an awesome actor he is and he got so much more to do here. He is great in all types of scene, ensemble pieces, action sequences and particularly the 2-handers.

There was a more cinematic feel to S9. Just got the impression there was a bit more money spent on making it look right. Loved the eps directed by MCJ, they were so good.

On a slightly more trival note, we also got some other stuff from our wish list. More sassy clothing for Ruth Yay! She looks so pretty this season.

So, yeah, loved it lot's. Bring on S10 and I think that Kudos should make it the last one. Oh and Kudos, thank you for sacking that really crappy cameraman with the shakey hands!Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - watchstrap - 09-11-2010 10:19 PM