Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
10-11-2010, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 06:26 AM by BravoNine.)
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(10-11-2010 05:48 AM)Jhokur Wrote:  
(09-11-2010 09:51 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  So Lucas makes the death count of MI5 agents now at 11, with 6 old/former agents still alive and current team (Harry, Ruth, Beth, Dimitri, and Tariq) still hopping along.

Helen, Danny, Fiona, Adam, Zaf, Colin, Ben, Connie, Jo, Ros, Lucas.
Danny's, Adam's and Jo's to me stung the most. Helen & Ben were the most shocking. Colin & Lucas' definitely hollow feeling.

Tom, Zoe, Tessa, Sam, Malcolm,... who's the 6th?

80 episodes, 16/17 agents gone... someone gone every 4 episodes :|

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by "hollow feeling"? Like you feel numb, that it's left a void in you? Or that it's bad?

The 6th was one of the earliest administrative officers named Jed Kelly, he was seen around the Grid for a few appearances in the first series and then disappeared, I believe it was said that he was transferred. I just counted him because his name was counted as a Grid officer on the casting lists. He's not really that important like the others, but I thought he should count. Smile

Truth be told, although I was sad at many characters being killed, and sure a lot of them were shocking and very upsetting, none of them really hit me the way Lucas's did. I think it was because for the others, they dead fighting for their country, or at least they died doing the right thing. But for Lucas, they conjured up this crazy hare-brained storyline to make him go evil and then take his own life, it was just a waste, and I felt upset, distraught, and insulted. If he had died like Adam or Jo or even like Connie, I would have been okay, at least there is some purpose, but now we're just suppose to remember Lucas as the guy who went crazy and decided to jump off a building to end his misery. They've ruined his loyalty, and now they've ruined his strength and dignity too.

I could make peace with the others dying, but with Lucas, they've ruined what was the best thing about his character, his loyalty to his team. And as if that wasn't enough, had him jump off the building because he was desperate. It was a waste of what the character could have been or the brilliant exit that he deserved.

Spooks deaths were always the best and most memorable moment of the series, but this time, it just made me angry and make me wanna forget it ever happened.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 06:24 AM