Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
10-11-2010, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 06:47 PM by BravoNine.)
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(10-11-2010 04:21 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I would have liked the team to work together, to get to know each other, this was after all practically a new team. Beth and Dimitri could hardly feel they lost a friend in Lucas, they had really only just meet him.

This is why I love Episode 6, it was really the first time you see this new team coming together to solve a problem, you see them trusting each other and counting on each other to do the right thing. It just made it so much better! The Grid on lockdown was very old-school Spooks, and then you had Lucas, even despite all the John/Lucas stuff, out there being brilliant and still figuring out that the bad guys were tapping the phones. It was just all very cool!

As for Beth and Dimitri, I think they look up to him, he is sort of their mentor and team leader, and in a way, I do sense a bit of hero-worshiping in some places. They may not have been close, but Lucas was their leader and teammate, it would still stung pretty bad that the man who had been watching their backs is someone that they can't trust and a evil murderer.

In that line of business, friendship and that level of trust does grow quite fast. It's life under fire, you either stick by your people or you don't.

(10-11-2010 04:21 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Lucas already had an uncertain past, why oh why didn't the writers use that! And now there is so much we'll never know about that past as theeyeshaveit so rightly points out.

This is forever my disappointment. Lucas North as a character had so much potential and ties to various storylines, and not to mention connections that link back to the old days, if my calculations are correct, he was still working at MI5 when Tom, Zoe, Tessa, Malcolm, Colin, and Danny came onto the team, he had so much of that old school connection that we never got to see.

His mystery and uncertain past was a source of great storyline material, not to mention the 8 years in Russia and how he had gotten captured, and who really recruited him into MI5 and all that.

There were so many intriguing storylines and personal connections they could write for, but they chose one of the strangest storylines I have ever seen in my life.Dodgy

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 10-11-2010 06:45 PM