Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
10-11-2010, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2010 11:36 PM by Onion Terror.)
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
I hope personally that the conclusion of series 9, and of the Lucas storyline in particular, will be a turning point for Spooks. Although I've still really enjoyed the last few series, the writers seem to have taken the show in a direction I haven't been too keen on. Without wishing to over-simplify the programme, the first 5 series were (on a very basic level) about the 'good guys' of Section D dealing with the threat posed by various 'bad guys'. With the exception of Tessa way back in series 1, there was never a member of the team who was portrayed as untrustworthy; the viewer could always rely on their integrity and inherent 'goodness'. For me, this changed with series 6. Ros became involved with the Yalta organisation, then in S7, just as we began to trust Lucas, Connie was revealed as the mole. And of course we have had the Lucas/John saga throughout S9, in addition to Beths actions in (I think it was) ep.2.
I know this might sound like a naive point of view, but I would like to see a return to what you could call 'old school' Spooks. Don't get me wrong-its still one of only 2 or 3 TV shows I actually make a point of not missing-but for me the first five series (especially 3-5) were the best. Still looking foward to S10 already though, and would be made up if they could go back to a 10-episode series. 8 just doesn't seem enough!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Onion Terror - 10-11-2010 11:31 PM