Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
11-11-2010, 09:04 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
Series 9 for me was, on the whole, mesmerising, exciting and frustrating. There aren't many shows after nine seasons can have me glued to my seat. I have watched every episode from series one and this one was certainly one of the better ones. The acting from Peter, Nicola and Richard were supreme. The best performance was probably Nicola, especially in episode 7 - she nearly broke my heart with what she was saying to Harry. Peter Firth was also virtually faultless throughout.

I didn't like the blatantly obvious using of the same scenes twice. There was the scene on the embankment in ep 3, the scene in the dark on the roof, and I reckon they used at least one other of Harry sitting at his desk drinking whisky. This annoyed me and stopped me concentrating on the storyline. I didn't like the use of several points of view in ep 2, and the voice over in ep 8 was a bit weird. I prefer them using the board room briefings to keep me up with the plot. Another gripe would be the lack of humour and pithy lines that have always been a trademark.

My best episodes were 1, 3, 6, 7 and 8. The episodes directed by MCJ were the most stylish and photographic.

There has already been lots said about Lucas. For me, because I never quite connected with the character, I wasn't so narked about the change in his character. I never really bought the way he was introduced to the show in the first place. But I enjoyed his scenes, heartbreaking though they were. It gave RA to show of his acting skills and the ending for me was completely unexpected and shocking.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Naivety - 11-11-2010 09:04 AM