Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
12-11-2010, 04:54 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(12-11-2010 04:12 PM)Katja Wrote:  You know, a little distance to get over the "gosh how sad" feeling and I'm starting to enjoy the beauty of this series--the parallels, images, tragic beauty of the story--maybe it's just my age making me forget about the plot holes and could have beens?

Jury's still out, but I think I may like this one very much with a little time to process it all...

Oh I absolutely agree about the parallels. I loved the recurring theme of "making a difference"

Nicholas Blake told Harry that his certainty "limits a man" and that Nightingale had given him a chance to actually make a difference. Harry told Ruth that what had prompted his resignation was the realisation "that I make a negligible difference". Lucas told Harry that his reason for carrying out the Dakar bombing was that Vaughn offered him the chance to "be something, do something, to make a difference".

Then there was the pain in Ruth's eyes when Lucas asked her to imagine a time in her life when everything made sense, "What wouldn't you do to go back?". Her look said it all. Her life with George was peaceful, simple and perfect. What would SHE do to go back?

Harry's pigeons are all coming home to roost. His career is to be picked apart and he will have to confront what he has done in the name of "the job". Vaughn said to Lucas "Our actions either marr or make us; we are the children of our own deeds"

So true...

Lucas: "So, do you want some psychological advice of incredible depth and subtlety?"
Dimitri: "Always"
Lucas: "Go get a skinfull. Start again tomorrow"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Logsie - 12-11-2010 04:54 PM