Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
13-11-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(13-11-2010 02:36 PM)conniesachs Wrote:  *We're expected to believe that Vaughn has kept a suitcase of momentos for 15 years just
on the off chance that he might be able to use it to blackmail its owner. What if John had decided that Dakar was too much excitement, and went back to England and became a plumber or milkman?

I haven't thought of that, maybe when they got back to England John told Vaughn he was going to carry on Lucas's life, but even then Vaughn wouldn't have known that John was going to be a success at MI5

(13-11-2010 02:36 PM)conniesachs Wrote:  * If John knowingly blew up the British Embassy and killed his friend just for a passport so he could escape justice he would have killed a dodgy character like Vaughn without a qualm as soon as he threatened to reveal his past.

I think this has been one of the main problems for me. Lucas may not have been able to kill a man in cold blood, but I very sure John would have, considering what Vaughn knew.

(13-11-2010 02:36 PM)conniesachs Wrote:  * Even getting John/Lucas to the position he was in at the end ep 7 there was still room for some sort of redemption, if only partial. I'm sure we can all come up with plausible endings.
But the writers were hell bent on making Lucas evil and keeping him that way.

All the way through that episode I keep waiting for the twist that would get Lucas out of this mess, very disappointed.

Lucas was a loyal MI5 officer and the writers just went for the WOW factor in a story that didn't work.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - HellsBells - 13-11-2010 06:16 PM