Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
14-11-2010, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2010 10:37 PM by BoHenley.)
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(10-11-2010 07:41 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Back on topic please.

There were 2 genuinely good episodes in this season: 1 and 6 and 7 wasn't far off. And there was a lot I liked about 3, 4 and 5.

But for me, the finale was truly terrible and the more I think about it, the more I hate it. Perhaps if we hadn't known Ruth was to be kidnapped, the suspense quotient would have been higher. But we did know.

The finale really soured the season for me. Ultimately, it definitely ranks down in the bottom 3 seasons in my book. Mostly because the Lucas storyline was so ludicrous after we had been trained to expect of the character. All his best lines from season 7 ring hollow now. It was just silly.

Thanks, JHyde. You - and others - have summed it up so well. The episodes/scenes where the team worked as a whole (especially 6) and Lucas took control as Team Leader were as good as Spooks has produced. WHY didn't they link Lucas's past with his KNOWN past (eg) in Russia? That could've gone so many ways AND been plausible.

Apart from that, superb acting by RA, PF and NW, and the new characters of Beth and Dimitri (and Alec?) are intriguing. Whatever my misgivings about the final of S9, it's still a fabulous show and I can't wait for the next series.
Most chilling moment: When Lucas goes after Malcolm. Why? At that point, you realise he IS bad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BoHenley - 14-11-2010 10:19 PM