Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
15-11-2010, 10:13 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
I'm apparently a less discerning viewer than most on here, because I truly enjoyed season 9. I thought as a piece of pure entertainment it was stellar, each episode drew me in and engaged me for the hour it was on. After many years of watching television, that doesn't happen too often, I can tell you. And for all the bashing the writers have taken over this season, I thought in general the dialogue was much better written and much less clunky than I found the dialogue in season 8. But it's the first time that we have seen some very relevant themes explored so thoroughly, such as the cost of the job on the personal lives of the officers. The last time this was really explored was way back with Tom.

Were there problems with the Lucas storyline? Certainly. Is it the first time this has happened in Spooks? Not in my view. I found the season 6 Ros storyline just as bad, and found the way Ros was so seamlessly integrated back into the team, and as Section Chief to boot, after her betrayals just as hard to believe as I found the Lucas storyline of this season.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Silktie - 15-11-2010 10:13 AM