Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
15-11-2010, 06:05 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
This certainly isn't my favorite season, I can let the story be, but it'll never be my favorite season. Mine will always be Series 7, when it was Lucas being true to his core and his loyalty showing in spades!

I don't think it's a case of the writers overestimating our intelligence. I don't need to be fed every information, but if you're gonna do a drastic change in character, then the foundation better be strong, and the problem was that it was weak and feeble. A wind could knock it over. Prison time can deeply effect someone, but clearly John/Lucas was mentally unstable even before he ever killed the real Lucas North, because let's admit it, who in their normal right minds decides to go bomb an embassy just because he got stuck on a foreign continent! That is not normal thinking!! Dodgy Not to mention the illogical ways that John/Lucas got into MI5, making the CIA, MI5, FSB, and probably even the Chinese look like idiots since apparently no one ever found out he was John Bateman yet it took Beth under 5 seconds to find the real Lucas North.

Sure the writers had a great idea, but the execution was just very very flawed, confusing, and frankly didn't make much sense. If their goal was to make us feel Lucas's confusion, then they certainly achieved that because I was confused and befuddled by the end.....

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 15-11-2010 06:05 PM