Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
16-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Ben RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
First post, so go gently with me please.
I think with regards to series 9, we have to treat Lucas/John as two totally separate characters. I personally felt from the start there was something very dark about Lucas. He seemed to me, to stick out at the time, from the rest of the cast. I can only explain it, like he was waiting to be found out at any time. There always seemed to be a secret, lurking in there somewhere. Perhaps just my gut feeling?. I also feel that it makes a great difference if the story was planned out years in advance, or merely morphed into the situation as it changes. I also think his entrance into MI5 at the time was on the whole, very plausible. You only see what you are looking for! and why would he not be Lucas, if nobody was interested that John had disappeared?. Intelligence has moved on at break neck pace in the past twenty years, if this programme aired in 1990, it would have looked like science fiction.

I also think it is reasonable to assume that Harry would mellow in his twilight years, he has seen the changes coming, now forced upon him. Personal life put on hold, for the greater good. I couldn't begin to imagine what a life like that would really entail. He has had to admire Ruth from afar, all these years, a thoroughly British romance. Through sacrifice and loss, it's human nature not to want to die alone. Also a fear that if they did come together, all could so easily be lost, in the blink of an eye, due to the nature of their world.

In short, I think the writers are showing a true reflection of the way the Grid would have to function today. There are flaws and mistakes in all walks of life, and we hope not so many, in our security services, but they are there. In a world without trust, where trust is the thing that could keep you alive, or cause your demise, we would hope the powers in charge are beyond reproach.
Question everything, accept nothing is straight forward, not the best way to live your life. Cracks will appear in all but the very strong, or those already lost.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - jimc - 16-11-2010 03:58 PM