Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
18-11-2010, 12:03 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(17-11-2010 07:34 PM)Byatil Wrote:  To be honest, by the time Lucas had disappeared... I just didn't really care. You're supposed to feel something when a well-liked, interesting character leaves a show. It was heart-wrenching watching Roz realise that she'd have to shoot Jo, and equally horrible realising that Roz would have to die for the sake of her country. I even found Adam's death sad - and I'd only seen him in action for 1 episode!

You see for me i don't think i would have felt much if he'd have left under 'normal' circumstances. There are a few which would have changed my opinion on him... but overall i have to say that i only really found him interesting to a point where i cared about what happened to him in this series. This might be because he was a different character for these moments.
(I do think you need to look at Lucas and John as two separate identities).

I have no trouble watching the earlier series because i can accept the two different people. That and the fact that i think it's possible, like has already been mentioned, that after so many years of being Lucas he became Lucas. John would be a niggling memory in his mind until it was brought back up to the surface.

Then again. If i go analysing the holes in Spooks too much it will sap my enjoyment of the only current TV show i tend to watch. I'd rather go along with the writers tale than loose the entertainment. (Sad as that is).

Another point i'd like to make is that the writers are only human and they are new to Spooks. I hope they can see where they went wrong and remedy this in writing next series. It's a learning curve for them.

If i do find myself picking at holes however, in the end i tend to just remind myself that it's all fiction and the irritation lifts somewhat. Tongue

(17-11-2010 11:12 PM)binkie Wrote:  History, I’m afraid. Even worse ... History of Ideas. Any questions about the manifestation of evolutionary theory in 19th-century visual culture, I’m the woman of the moment!!

You're not the only person here releasing their inner essay monster Smile

Ha! I'm applying for History at university! (Not quite history of ideas but still).
I think liking History might be a common trait amongst people who pick apart absolutely everything. Smile

I am avoiding writing essay long replies for the mean time as i feel that once i start i won't be able to stop. That and i can't afford the time right now... Sad
(Despite having just written a longer post than normal... Oh dear Suicida).

Saying this though i really should be logging off about now. I have a deadline coming up soon and i need to get more work done.
More sleep = more brain power = better results. Tongue

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Kirayuki - 18-11-2010 12:03 AM