Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
18-11-2010, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2010 06:41 AM by BravoNine.)
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(18-11-2010 02:53 AM)jimc Wrote:  I'm in the minority who believe the story is more credible, because Lucas is the bad penny. No question people like that exist, only interested in themselves. I should think an admirable quality in a spy.
And as far as the storyline, the rest of it seems to be following the plot that came before. So why mess about with Lucas's character? The Russian prison may have been terrible to endure, but he couldn't exactly say, "there seems to be a slight problem comrades, I'm not really Lucas North". He lived that life, and all that came with it. Perhaps they just had to tell his story with more speed, than was intended?

Lucas is the bad penny? Sure he was a maverick and was mysterious, but for two series he was portrayed as loyal and admirable as a team-member who always came through for his team when the time was needed. So bad penny? Nope, I don't think so.

True people like that exists in real life who are only interested in themselves, but tell me, is risking his life running around London with a bleeding bullet wound to save the city very selfish? Is facing down a Russian kill-squad to let his teammates get away very selfish? Is running back to the country where he spent the last 8 years as a prisoner and tortured just because his boss needed help very selfish? Is facing down his old captor and outsmarting him to protect his country very selfish? Is risking capture and prison just to let his teammate escape with needed info very selfish? Is risking death to run back into a building about to explode just because he wants to get his partner out very selfish?

We are shown the extent of Lucas's selflessness in the missions he performs and how he looks after his team. So unless he suffers from delusions and split personalities and various mental issues (which the show never said anything about), then we are suppose to swallow that a man who gave up so much for his country, for his team, suddenly became this selfish man all about himself and his old love and he was only acting? So basically he outsmarted MI5, the CIA, the FSB, and god knows how many other agencies who knows nothing of his old identity....I mean, he must be so amazing that no one ever spotted it.....yet somehow it took Beth 5 seconds to find out the real Lucas North....

If Lucas was always written as a man who was mysterious and showed signs of selfishness, then maybe yeah, I could believe in this storyline, but for two series we were told of his loyalty and his bravery, yet now we are being told that it was just an act, that no spy agency in the world even knew that he was not Lucas North. I mean, WOW everyone just must be stupid or blind.

I don't think selfishness is an admirable quality in a spy, it would be more of selflessness in sacrifice for their country and their cause, and maybe recklessness. But if you are just about yourself, you're not exactly a spy, unless it's a spy-for-hire, then maybe. But for those agencies like CIA, FSB, and MI5, they need loyal spies, not spies out for themselves.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 18-11-2010 06:35 AM