Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
21-11-2010, 02:11 PM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
I agree, the entire sub-plot undermined the Lucas/John plot for me. There is no conceivable way that John could have only had to sit through an interview to get the job. There is no way that the real Lucas would have undergone a series of evaluations without anyone ever seeing what he looked like. The entire thing is a farce, and it just seriously undermines our intelligence! I refuse to believe that it would be that easy for John to 'become' Lucas and magically secure the job Lucas had been attempting to get at MI5. It just doesn't make sense... especially when you factor in people like Beth who were rejected in the past.

The more I think about it, the more it annoys me. Nothing the writers created for John's past made any real sense. I understand that it is possible for someone to 'believe' they are someone else, but it was never explained how well John knew Lucas before he murdered him. To make yourself believe you are someone else, you literally have to become them. Act like they would, think like they would, dress like they would. This was never properly explained... and even then, I don't see why it was only the suitcase that triggered anything - surely it should have been the appearance of Vaughn that would have shaken John up the most. Maya seemed wholly irrelevant - once again, because nothing about her was explained properly!

I do wonder if this series would have made more sense if there had been 2 more hours of film to play with, but as it stands, the entire plot makes so little sense it's insulting. It was good entertainment, and there were some fun moments as well as a lot of fantastic acting, but the actual writing was ridiculous on the whole.

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - Byatil - 21-11-2010 02:11 PM