Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you feel about Season 9?
27-03-2011, 07:25 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9?
(27-03-2011 07:11 AM)Nixie Wrote:  Well, I've just spent the past few hours reading about S9 here and over on Skully's blog. Wow, lots to think about. Skully has a really interesting take on the plausibility of the Lucas/John storyline that has made me pause and think. Still digesting the series as a whole and individually. Makes me think: can we ever really know another person? Do we ever really know ourselves? How much do we, as audience, superimpose our own desires onto the characters we watch?

I don't think the psychology and emotionality of the Lucas/John storyline is implausible, in fact, I actually think it is quite fascinating and it is quite possible to happen in real life. We can never truly know the people around us, there will always be sides that we don't see coming.

But I think what people have a hard time accepting is the logic behind this storyline that was never properly explained, instead it was quickly glossed over in the hopes that people will just accept it at face value. THAT is where my issues in this storyline comes from.

There were just too many logical inconsistencies that overshadowed the emotional side of the story, and that's where the writers' storytelling failed.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How did you feel about Season 9? - JHyde - 09-11-2010, 03:55 AM
RE: How did you feel about Season 9? - BravoNine - 27-03-2011 07:25 AM