Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Favourite piece of film/editing/scene?
24-11-2010, 03:35 AM
RE: Favourite piece of film/editing/scene?
I thought overall the cinematography was great. I think the cut backs showed in post production though. I think it showed that the new producer comes from a Production Management background. In a good way.

That said, off the top of my brain, there are a few moments that stand out visually to me.

1) The opening sequence on 9.1 is perfection in every way. First the church, then the idyllic pasture and then Nicholas Blake's house in the rain no less! It all feels very much like an old 1940's movie like The Maltese Falcon. It sets a really great visual tone for the whole series.

2) I also like Maya and Johns first phone call in 9.3. She is standing in her front hallway and the stairs are casting light horizontally and Lucas is in the back hallway of the grid and the light is vertical. I think it visually implies that they are at opposite purposes from the beginning.

3) Another was in the same episode with Dr Kirby standing at the window in the interrogation room. The light looks like steps out of the room but of course they aren't.

4) I love love love the tracking shot of Lucas at the beginning of 9.8 after Harry's voice over in the white church. (I will probably feel stupid for asking this but location, please?)

5) As far sequences are concerned, I really like the sequence when Ruth is in the QMK building in 9.4. I like how it smoothly moves back and forth between Ruth in the field and Harry on the grid. It really shows how in sync they can be from an operational POV.

There are more. But I'll stop there for now.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Favourite piece of film/editing/scene? - A Cousin - 24-11-2010 03:35 AM