Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(04-12-2010 05:30 PM)binkie Wrote:  Not to be a miserable cynic, but should we really get any sort of emotionally uplifting ending? This is a show that is quite willing to have Harry stand in the Home Secretary's office and say to him: "We cannot win the war on terror. Ever."

I know the point of the dramatic set-up is to establish a succession of brave individuals and necessarily hidden triumphs (as well as a couple of acknowledged ones). But isn't there, equally, a dramatic tension that accepts this is something which goes beyond the lives and influence of the characters we know? Those people die, or move on, and there will always be a need for someone else to do their jobs. Shouldn't the end effectively be someone else sitting at Harry's desk (or, possibly, at another desk if London has been rendered uninhabitable by fallout)?

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Harry dying and seeing the images of all his agents that he's failed to save as very emotionally uplifting...Silba

But I still think a flashback montage should be included. Then maybe the scene then cuts to a new person at Harry's desk, maybe a new team, ready to start a new day, beginning a new generation of Spooks.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - BravoNine - 04-12-2010 05:33 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM