Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
15-02-2011, 03:19 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
One of the cool things I have picked up from audio-commentary that I never picked up on before (despite it staring me in the face Blush) was that each Directing team films in doubles. By that I mean that each Director directs 2 episodes at a time back to back. That way, they always have a Director in pre-production, production and post-production. Must be a scheduling nightmare - but very efficient! That is not to say that they won't decide to move an episode to another slot in the series or add scenes once they are all in the can. My point being, it would be possible for the Director of, say, episode 3 & 4 to come in first and the director of episode 1 & 2 second, if that is what they need to do. Up through what I have watched (S4) it seems that they do film the series in episodic order but rarely each episode in scenic order. The EERIE episode being one of the few episodes that was filmed in chronological scenic order.

Another thing to remember is that filming can start long before the actors are needed. The director of the first two episodes, has at least a couple of weeks of pre-production to get through before the actors are required. I hope so anyway. After re-watching from S1, I could really use some brand spankin' new locations! Wink

Only time will tell, I suppose.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 15-02-2011 03:19 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM