Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
20-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Ruth RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
I think that Lucas is dead, considering that they were both on top of a very hugh building, and before you hear the car alarms and scream, I'm sure you hear the sound of a bang - of something hitting the car. I can't see them writing an escape out of that...but then again I didn't see them re-writing his character as Lucas/John - so who knows!

As for Harry and the enquiry, I know there have been lots of fanfics which have the enquiry looking at why he gave away a secret for Ruth, but I wonder whether the purpose of the enquiry is to establish whether during his career, he gave away any more! Its more than plausible for them to think that since they know he did in this case, he may have done it before - Harry would think it of other spies, I'm sure.

Harry and Ruth - well as much as I'd love to see them together, my 'glass is half empty' cynical side suspects that they won't be. I think Ruth blew it when he went off to see Lucas. She was so cold and when she called his name, the look he gave her was also cold. I think at that moment when he thought he might be going to his death, he may have given up on him and Ruth. She might change her mind when she realises that he didn't potentially put millions of lives at risk to save her (an unbearable amount of guilt to live with) but I don't know whether Harry will want Ruth anymore. So angsty but it would add another level to their ongoing 'relationship' and storyline to have a reversal of roles if Ruth is 'humanised' once more while Harry becomes colder. (Although I hope against hope for a happy ending)

My 'glass half full' side, hopes that the writers have put them through the necessary hell in S9 so that they can work through this in S10 and realise that everything that has happened should pull them together not be used as an excuse to be apart. I honestly dont know how the writers would get the characters to this point, but I'm hoping its not too late - they deserve some happiness together. If they can't be together then they need to be best friends/soulmates again - maybe that closeness is what the writers might recapture as it seems crazy to just keep this so angsty.

Oh, and another hope for S10 - pleeeeeeeease let Ruth smile again and wear some brighter colours in Series 10 as part of her becoming less dead inside!!!
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Angie - 20-02-2011 08:41 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM