Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(01-04-2011 08:38 PM)xRuthx Wrote:  ^I don't mean to be rude but don't watch Spooks then. If you really think you won't like it why bother? I mean I have enormous problems with the direction Spooks has taken in the last few years but I still like aspects of the show so I keep watching. Is there nothing at all you like about the show?

I think you may have answered your own question.

I don't presume to speak for bruwitch2 or anyone else, but I think shows are a lot like lovers. You meet someone (start watching a new show) and are soon boring family and friends with how fantastic he (it) is. You're supremely happy at first, but then you start to notice the little things like socks (plots) dropped wherever. You realize his best friend (the main character) is a jerk. Things just aren't going the way you want them to but you tell yourself, everything will get better in time. It's just a rough patch, there's still a lot of good things about it, and maybe you're expecting too much. Things don't get better though, they get worse. Now you start boring family and friends with your complaints about your lover (the show). People ask why you just don't break up with him (stop watching). People might become annoyed with you for not doing so. Yet you cling to the relationship unable to admit to yourself that you'd be better off without him (it). Because then you'd have to find somebody else (another show) or maybe you'll end up alone (have no excuse not to do housework). But eventually, something does happen to push you over the edge, and you're free.

A few years later you run into him somewhere (find the show while surfing channels) and you think "Boy was I dumb to waste years (hours) of my life on this."

Okay, just me then.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - NightOwl - 01-04-2011 10:29 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM