Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
05-04-2011, 08:48 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
I think that people watch Spooks for many different reasons, characters, story lines, tension / action but we are all fans. However, I would rather remember Spooks as the brilliant show it has been then watch series 10 if it goes downhill, which I sincerely hope it doesn’t.

I don’t think that a happy ending would be a betrayal by the writers. Although the story lines are more grey than black and white, most of us usually have an ending that we are hoping for. Yes, we may end up with an Adam / Ros being killed as they save the country but that is usually what happens – the country is saved! The fact that one or two people are killed in saving hundreds is considered a good ending by the majority. To me the character of the show is about MI5 etc trying to save the country from all the terrorist threats and in the show they usually do so. These are successful and positive endings. More of the same please!

There will always be death and sadness but there is also goodness and happiness. Both have always been shown in Spooks. Why shouldn’t the show finish in an up lifting way? Of course the fight against terrorism will go on and the final scene can always be about that but there is no reason why Harry and Ruth can’t end up being together. In real life not all MI5 personal die – they leave the service and lead happy lives. It is not unreasonable or unrealistic for this to happen with Harry and Ruth. I think the majority of the fans hope for this in series 10.

Obviously we all seem different things in Spooks – but it is that which makes it such a great show.
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - harrbd - 05-04-2011 08:48 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM