Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
12-04-2011, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2011 01:36 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(11-04-2011 07:42 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Couldn't agree more. Who'd want to see Harry in handcuffs, clad only in boiler suit, all disheveled looking, standing in the dock for more than one hour?!! Silba

Hmmm...on second thought...? Thud

Nope, I'm sticking to my guns. As enticing as the thought of a disheveled Harry clad only in boiler suit and handcuffs is, I am much more interested in seeing a disheveled Harry clad only in black jacket and jeans out in the field. I would get really bored with 6 episodes of Harry on trial, even as a B plot.
(12-04-2011 08:49 AM)Tess24 Wrote:  It could still have something to do with Lucas after all. Just how 'good' a British officer was he during those 8 years in a russian prison?

I suppose it could. But I don't think it will. If I'm honest, I hope it doesn't. At least not as a primary focus.

I do believe they will have to reference Albany and what happened to Lucas, but no more than they have ever referenced any past (read: dead) character or series arc from S1-9. What I would like to see is at most use the aftermath of Albany/Lucas and Harry's inquiry as a catalyst into the rest of the season. I believe that something is going to come up during the inquest that will require Harry to go on one "last" operation, maybe even a black op. His superiors are going to "throw him out into the cold" and use him for all he's worth regardless of the consequences for Harry, personally and professionally. Whether or not it will end up being his last operation - as in is he killed or retired or decommissioned or imprisoned - remains to be seen.

I think there is a reason they gave Towers the phrase they gave him in the last scene of S9. Esp. because it was so clearly and afterthought and the bridge into S10. I think it is a tip of the hat to le Carre and the Cold War.

Although I do agree that it is possible that they will skip the actual inquiry or at least show only a bit of it.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - A Cousin - 12-04-2011 01:08 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM