Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
12-04-2011, 07:25 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(12-04-2011 04:00 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I'm wondering about the bit in Ian Wylie's blog that states that a secret from Harry's past will threaten to destroy him and those close to him.

Who can be classified as being close to Harry? I mean, at this point he isn't even close to Ruth. Does this mean his kids may get a showing? Or does it refer to the team on the Grid perhaps?

I agree with A Cousin's interpretation. The way that press release is worded makes it sound like Harry is on the Grid when the closer cooperation with Russia takes place, and that he must use contacts from his past to establish that closer cooperation. So perhaps one or two episodes dealing with the secret from his past, before we move on to the Russian story?

Maybe the secret will be revealed during the Inquiry and has something to do with the Russians, Harry is cleared and goes back to the Grid, but now the Russians know that Harry is the one who did whatever the secret is, and will want revenge. They pretend to work more closely with the team whilst actually setting them up for something, hence the threat to those close to Harry.

I don't know. I didn't read it that Harry "had" to be back on the Grid to use past contacts. Harry could be suspended or even sacked (as a ruse) and make contact with past shadows.

As for the "close" comment, clearly that has been thrown in to make us all speculate especially as Ruth's name is in the next sentence so it reads almost like, well it can't be Ruth they are talking about then as the one who is close to Harry. Would they really use Ruth's relationship with Harry again, to get at Harry? Maybe those "close" would be destroyed, not by the bad guys, but just because Harry is not the man they thought he was. Then again, didn't they deal with that with the Albany affair?

I think they could bring Harry's children into it. That certainly would be a good storyline and more credible than bringing his ex-wife into it, as some have suggested one of the new characters will play. Not sure what on earth his ex-wife would have to do with something bad Harry did in his past. Could it be about his brother Ben? I think the "secret" has to be something to do with Harry's close family or friends or former colleagues. If it was just some random black op that he was involved in many moons ago, I can't quite see anyone really caring now in Section D and that includes Ruth.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Tea Lady - 12-04-2011 07:25 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM