Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
27-05-2011, 05:45 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(27-05-2011 05:40 AM)loladom Wrote:  BBC announced new 6 part drama commission for 2012 with kudos as
Producers. So that's hustle replaced. They also announced 3 other drama commissions
All noticeably 6 episodes long. Perhaps this is new policy and therefore no
indication cutting spooks to 6 means last series?

One of these new commissions is also a Spy series, so I'm hoping they're just building on what they know is a winning formula, and not something to replace Spooks. Sad

(27-05-2011 06:45 AM)jacko Wrote:  Ok guys got the courage up to twitter sam vincent and say basically that we know he can't tell us if there willl be another series or not but can he say if a decision has been made one way or the other, he twittered this back. - "nope, sorry! I think decisions on recommission are usually made much later in year, when series is transmitting" - So looks like it'll all be down to viewing figures so get everyone you know watching Spooks ha ha. Unfortunately it probably means we get a cliffhanger at the end that may never be answered if they cancel after this series sniff.

To be fair to Sam even if he does Know he's probably not allowed to say either way until Kudos say's he can. He's kind of damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, us Spooks fans are good at analysing everything, me included, its part of the fun. Yahoo
Good on you for asking Jacko. Smile

(27-05-2011 08:48 AM)Naivety Wrote:  We had a lot of speculation during series 9 about it being the last one.

I always felt that the end of 9.8 was an afterthought, (I mean the part after Lucas throws himself off the building). We had Ruth's tears which coud have been for Lucas or for Harry or just a general over flowing of emotion. Then we had that hotch potch of a roof top scene with Harry talking into his phone which quite frankly was just a heavily edited version of 9.1's ending. That had to have been created by computer after Kudos knew that series 10 had been commisioned. Otherwise there would have been another Harry and Ruth scene to tie up loose ends.

I do hope if they're going to use that method again, they do it with a bit more elegance. Wouldn't it be better to film two endings?

I agree two endings would be much better. Smile
I do wonder what they had planned to do, wasn't it said the ending had changed, and PF did say they had been told to wind down the character of Harry. I'm assuming that meant there was some uncertainty, but it did continue and that's always hopeful IMO. Smile
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - LV R/H - 27-05-2011 05:45 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM