Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
28-05-2011, 03:47 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
(28-05-2011 04:29 AM)loladom Wrote:  
(27-05-2011 08:48 AM)Naivety Wrote:  We had a lot of speculation during series 9 about it being the last one.

I always felt that the end of 9.8 was an afterthought, (I mean the part after Lucas throws himself off the building). We had Ruth's tears which coud have been for Lucas or for Harry or just a general over flowing of emotion. Then we had that hotch potch of a roof top scene with Harry talking into his phone which quite frankly was just a heavily edited version of 9.1's ending. That had to have been created by computer after Kudos knew that series 10 had been commisioned. Otherwise there would have been another Harry and Ruth scene to tie up loose ends.

I do hope if they're going to use that method again, they do it with a bit more elegance. Wouldn't it be better to film two endings?

The ending was changed due to the uncertainty of RA leaving. He hadn't been confirmed for the Hobbit and as I understand it, if they had said no to him, he would have stayed on at Spooks. The reshoots were because a decision was made and the character of Lucas therefore had to be given an exit. PF said he was recalled back in late July to reshoot the ending. So, it's not entirely the fault of the original writing. As to what the other ending would have been, we can only speculate.

(27-05-2011 05:45 PM)LV R/H Wrote:  PF did say they had been told to wind down the character of Harry. I'm assuming that meant there was some uncertainty, but it did continue and that's always hopeful IMO. Smile

LV R/H - interested in where you saw/read that as I must have missed it. I've always understood that Kudos and the writers knew the value of Harry, so who exactly are the "they" being told to wind Harry down?

Reassuringly though, Sam Vincent's tweets seem to indicate Harry is as important in S10 as ever.

Sorry, this is probably where I admit I should have checked my facts before posting. Angel

I was referring to this article from the Mail Online the bit where he said,

Quote:‘There was a suggestion at the end of series nine that Harry was going to be eased out, but he’s still around in series ten, apparently, and busy. But they could kill me at some point. I wouldn’t rule it out.’

Sorry I made the mistake of remembering the information incorrectly and got, "wind down" instead of, "eased out"

Also in context it kind of explains itself.

Basically ignore that bit of my previous post and I'll go off & practice some Brain Training exercises! Wink
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - LV R/H - 28-05-2011 03:47 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM