Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4 Average
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
30-07-2011, 09:07 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation
This is pure speculation on my part:

I hope that the secret from Harry's past is not the main storyline of season 10. I would like it to be the catalyst to a bigger threat that has national security implications. I have always wanted to see Spooks tackle a storyline where a senior figure in government is exposed as a double agent. If the Russians are going to play a big part in season 10, and Harry's secret is somehow linked to them, this would work well. The exposure of Harry's secret could lead to the exposure of this bigger secret, perhaps as someone from Russia he has links to exposes it to Harry. We could also have the scenario of Harry's secret being used to impede his investigation into the double agent.

I think that was a problem with the Lucas 'secret from the past' storyline in season 9. We never knew about the bigger security implications until we were told what Albany was in the very last episode. Up till then it was simply all about Lucas and his struggles, which is too narrow. Spooks works best when the tribulations of the individual characters are closely interweaved with the bigger issue of national security - as was done so well in season 7.

Much as I love Harry, I don't want it to be simply about his survival/career/loyalty. I want bigger issues to be in play.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Nitrus - 28-11-2010, 12:30 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - katy - 06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - Silktie - 30-07-2011 09:07 AM
RE: Series 10 Rumours & Speculation - KiKi - 18-10-2011, 11:44 AM